Sunday 19 February 2012

ONLINE SCAM: I AM NOT ON FACEBOOK! ex NOLLYWOOD STAR, RMD

My Twitter name is @rmofedamijo and I’m not on Facebook – Nollywood actor Richard Mofe-Damijo (RMD). exclusive interview here

Scammers are now all over the place. Just yesterday, Nollywood actor Segun Arinze told Nollywoodgossip: Tonto Dike, Chidi Mokeme, Yemi Blaq, others have this same problem.
Today, respected actor Richard Mofe Damijo cries out as shameless fraudsters now collect money from his fans using his name.
Damijo spoke with Nollywoodgossip and below are what he told us.
By Delia Innoma (Live Online With Delia)
Is it only on Twitter that you’re having this problem?
No, on Facebook as well, and now I’ve left Facebook officially. They did that to Segun Arinze too…
(Cut in) we know, Segun Arinze has already spoken with us.
Oh ok then.
How did you find out?
It’s one of my friends who brought that to my notice. After he paid money to the impostors, he now called me to know if I know anything about it. And I told him I know nothing about it. Then it was obvious to me that something was wrong. So I went to check and was shocked how many accounts that were opened on Facebook on my name, which I had no idea of.
What do you want your fans to know?
I want my fans to send messages to Twitter reporting that fake account to them. The account to report is @RichardMofeD. Let Twitter be aware and delete it. If more people keep reporting him as spam, Twitter will get notice of it and remove it…
Nollywoodgossip wishes you the best.
Thank you so much. I appreciate Nollywoodgossip.


No comments:

Post a Comment